Be an early bird and save.
Registration is officially open for the 2013 Online News Association Conference & Awards Banquet, Oct. 17-19, in Atlanta. Pro tip: The earlier you register, the lower your fee.
New this year: One price gets you into any and all conference sessions, the Midway, exhibits and the Job Fair! Pick and choose from our extended (three-day) program.
Starting today, members and non-members will have two months to sign up for the conference at the early-bird rate. Then the cost goes up incrementally, so avoid the last-minute crunch. As past attendees know, ONA13 passes sell out quickly, so plan to get yours early.
|April 29 – July 2||July 3 – Aug. 9||Aug. 10 – Sept. 20|
Registering as a group (10 or more, for a $50 per ticket discount)? Contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lodging: Reserve your room at the downtown Atlanta Marriott Marquis, an easy walk to many nearby sights and restaurants and a midway point to Atlanta’s great neighborhoods. Rates for a standard room are a steal at $139 and rooms are already going fast. Door-to-door MARTA service between Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport and the Marriott is $2.50. Book your room here.
So far, here’s what’s in store for the three days:
Thursday-Saturday, Oct. 17-19
- Opening Night: We’ll kick off the main conference with an Opening Night Reception on Thursday, Oct. 17. Prepare for amazing networking, food and drinks, with an ATL vibe.
- General Sessions: The ONA13 conference committee is getting ready to sift through the spoils of the Suggestion Box which will help inform our programming, guided by public likes. You still have 24 hours to submit your ideas. Keynotes, sessions and speakers will be announced shortly. Join us for intensive, smaller hands-on workshops spread throughout the three days of creative sessions.
- The Midway grows!: Come create at the bigger, more interactive Midway, a lively, collaborative playground full of tools, tech and journalism innovators. This year we’re expanding our vision to feature a host of new ideas; a hardware hacking station, drones and install parties with your favorite tools that promise to add new levels of social and tech engagement for attendees.
- Career development: Whether you’re looking to get, keep or move up in a media job, join us for a track of sessions that showcase career navigation and our growing Job Fair, featuring top digital media recruiters, executives and staff, one-on-one meetings with recruiters from major media and technology companies, independent news organizations and academia. New this year: The Job Fair will be part of general pass. Recruiters, tables are still $250 and registration will open soon.
- Online Journalism Awards Banquet: Celebrate digital journalism excellence at our annual awards ceremony — the perfect close to the conference. Tickets for the banquet are $25 and can be purchased when you register or separately.
Volunteer: The ONA13 Volunteer Committee is looking for volunteers to work before, during (and a little bit after) the conference. Come to ONA13 for free and work alongside the best minds in online journalism, and revel in the satisfaction of pulling off one of the best events in the industry. Apply here.
Student Newsroom, sponsored by Google: Applications for young talent to cover ONA13 are open to grad and undergrad applicants from all over the globe. Chairs Michelle Johnson of Boston University and Katia Hetter of CNN will be making the selections — look for the announcement of the 20 students (and mentors) who will take over the ONA13 website.
Interested in sponsoring, exhibiting or participating?
Take a look at our overview on all sponsorship, exhibitor and Midway opportunities.